With the New Year, we find ourselves still busy at MAP serving neighbors in need. Our office is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Current services available are:
- Health Food Pantry and Personal Care - open Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays with curbside pickup available between 10 am and 11 am. Appointments should be scheduled by calling 231-733-9672.
- We are providing ongoing food, personal care, and bedding at local motels for those affected by COVID-19.
- Transportation assistance - ALICE grant funds are available for those that need to get back and forth to work. You must work at least 20 hours a week and show proof of employment, ID, a DHHS denial letter, car registration, and proof of car insurance. Gas cards, payment assistance, and car repairs may be provided to those that qualify.
- Rental assistance is provided when funds are available.
- Medical assistance - co-pays, prescriptions, and medical equipment.
- In need of a warm coat, hat, or mittens? Call our office and request winter wear. A volunteer will gather items for you.
- Our Clothing Pantry is scheduled to open in February. It will be open Mondays and Wednesday from 1 pm to 2:30 pm. No appointment is necessary. You must show ID at the door.
- We are taking COVID-19 precautions seriously in our facility with disinfectants and staff vaccinations.
- We will be closed in observance of MLK Day, January 18, 2021.
We appreciate all our volunteers and donors that help support our operations. We wish everyone a healthy 2021!