1011 2nd St
Celebrating 38 years of walking together!
WHEN: Sunday, October 1, 2017
WHERE: Central United Methodist Church, 1011 2nd Street, Downtown Muskegon
REGISTRATION: 12:30 p.m.
WALK BEGINS: 1:00 p.m.
The people of Muskegon have been walking together in the CROP Hunger Walk for more than 38 years! Together, raising awareness and resources for people locally and globally who are challenged to meet their basic needs, thousands have participated and shared their gifts! This year our goal is to have 360 participants join us on Sunday afternoon, October 1 at 1:00 p.m. at Central United Methodist Church, to join in a vicarious experience of walking in the footsteps of many who must walk every single day for their food, water and basic needs.
We have a special incentive this year. A donor will share a matching gift of $250.00 for every youth group that raises $250.00. Thank you!
Our vision is for all of God’s people who struggle and are challenged with food insecurity. The first fruits of the Walk will address local need through the ministry of (4 listed), but we also believe God calls us to reach out beyond ourselves, meeting the needs of the global community. We are very intentional about starting in our own “Jerusalem” but not stopping there, and sharing with those who are put in our path from around the world. The 38th Muskegon CROP Hunger Walk will touch the lives of people here and around the world!
Team Recruitment Kick Off Night:
Thursday, August 24 2017 at 7:00 pm
Central United Methodist Church, 1011 2nd St., Downtown Muskegon
The 2017 Muskegon CROP Hunger Walk Planning Team:
Delphine Hogston, Diana Wright-Stubbs, Donna Lachniet, Dan Achterhoff, Dorothy Griswold, Lynn Lively, Heather Smith, Barb Davis, Pat Wiseman, Carol Higginson, and Lary Jackson
CROP Hunger Walks help children and families worldwide, throughout the United States -- and right here in Muskegon! -- to have food for today, while building for a better tomorrow. Each year some two million CROP Walkers, volunteers, and sponsors put their hearts and soles in motion, raising over $16 million per year to help end hunger and poverty around the world -- and in their own communities. And you are part of it!
2017 CROP HUNGER WALK THANK YOU GIFTS
- $100.00 - 2017 Crop Hunger Walk T-Shirt
- $150.00 - 2017 Crop Hunger Walk T-Shirt and a Crop Hunger Walk pin
- $200.00 - 2017 Crop Hunger Walk T-Shirt, Crop Hunger Walk Pin, and a choice of a Classic T-Shirt or water bottle.
- $300.00 - 2017 Crop Hunger Walk T –Shirt, Crop Walk Pin, Classic T-Shirt and a water bottle.
- $400.00 - The Crop Hunger Walk Basket with a 2017 Crop Hunger Walk T-Shirt, Crop Hunger Walk Pin, classic T-Shirt, PLUS local veggie and flower seeds, a locally grown plant and a special international gift.
- $500.00 and beyond - THE BIG CROP HUNGER WALK BASKET with 2017 Crop Hunger Walk T-Shirt, water bottles, Classic T-Shirts, flower and veggie seeds, a locally grown plant … and a special international gift.
These gifts are underwritten through the generous support of our Sponsors.