Diana Wright-Stubbs, Executive Director at MAP, gives an update on what is happening with our organization.
- We are holding a new fundraiser for the Medical Support Fund. Join us for our Premiere Golf Outing on Friday, June 25, with a 1:00 pm shotgun at Bent Pine Golf Club in Whitehall. All the money raised will help those that can't afford medical prescriptions, co-pays, and other care. We will have a pig roast dinner with all the fixings and a silent auction. You can register online at www.missionforareapeople.org.
- CERA rental assistance is available for landlords/tenants affected by COVID-19. MAP is one of four agencies in Muskegon County to receive funding. We have been allocated $1.1 million in assistance to use for those behind on rent and utilities. Our staff person, Kristen Turgeon, is the Intake Specialist and Morgan Woodbury has been hired as a part-time assistant. Other MAP staff include Suzanne Prell, Susan Simonson, Vicki Kleyn, and Bill Jandt.
- The Jefferson Street Community Garden (behind Temple United Methodist Church) needs volunteers to weed, plant flowers, and harvest produce. Contact us for more information at 231-733-9672.
- The Clothing Pantry is open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm. No appointment is necessary.
- The Healthy Food Pantry is available Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. Call in to schedule a pickup if you are in need of food or personal care.
Thank you to all our supporters that make our work possible. We hope to see you on June 25th at our Golf Outing!